Wanna Search Something Gingery? Go Ahead!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ginger Rogers collection # 1!!!



For my Ginger Rogers collection, I will only show anything gingery that I have. I own tons of classic hollywood memorabilia, but you know, this is a all Ginger Rogers blog, soooooooooo only Ginga shows up! 

First off we'll start off with her autobiography:

Yes the paperback on the left is messed up, but I treasure the original copy on the right more. And only for this reason:

What was that!? Let's get a closer look:

Yup, my friends, that is an autograph! I am very proud to own something that Ginger has actually signed. I do have a picture with her and Fred's signature, but that is a copy....... so sadly it's not real. 

Now this next item is when Ginger was Star of the Month for TCM in March 2010:

And finally here is the article of Ginger right when you open it:

 I own more and can't wait to share the collection. Hope anyone looking at this thought it was neat.
Until next time, KEEP IT GINGERY! :D


7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what else you've got! So jealous of the autograph...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...now, I'd LUV the magazine...was wanting to get a copy of that when it all happened, but didn't know how to...they may have a bit on her in the August issue, as the 12th is looking like her night.

    And awesome about the signed copy! I have one thing which appears to be signed by her...it's the 'program'-type thingie she made back in the late 60's, almost as a 'promotional' deal...hard to explain, but, a bunch of photos, and it just kinda 'overviews' her career...it has what looks like her sig on it, and I've seen others w/o a sig, so... but could just as well be a 'forged' deal (it wasn't noted as having an autograph on it when I bought it...)
    But, this is a good idea...now that I've FINALLY gotten the Divorcee review out (whew) - I might can sort out things of mine... there's a LOT of it! Well, YOU know how it is... :-]

    KIG, Arianna!!!

    Hu
    ---

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catarinah: Thanks! I do have a lot more, and even one of my items is really rare, and I can't wait to get to that one. :)

    VKM: I bought the magazine on ebay. Thankfully it wasn't too much. I remember I couldn't get it because you had to subscribe to TCM. I didn't want to do that, but I saw one on ebay for a decent price. And now I have it.
    That's pretty cool. Well hopefully that is a real autograph, than you know you have something special.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I've thought about trying a few of the 'certified' autographs... but just a bit outside the $$$ range... I've stayed away from eBay for about 6 months now...a record of sorts for me... I'll probably check it out around the holidays...

      BTW, it looks like a trip to Boston is VERY likely now for the Huey Crew... I'll post on G-ology, probably tomorrow (I'm about to knock out for the eve...)

      Until then,
      KIG, GF!
      Hu
      ---

      Delete
    2. LUCKY!!! Hopefully you will go, I'm sure it would be neat.

      Delete
  4. That's really cool Gingerfan11. Can't wait to see the rest!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just acquired a Ginger Roger Cow Boy Horse painting (30 x 24). Anyone have any information on this?

    ReplyDelete